Translate

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Father's Day Celebration

Saturday, June 18

This morning the school celebrated Father's Day with a program and festival.  It was wonderful!! The children wore beautiful costumes and sang and danced.  Great recorded music, and the band was pretty good too.  Afterward the team and the students all took pictures together.  The five beautiful young girls and women with us were a real hit!
Dr. Bob and Young Dancer

Our Girl Fabiana
 
Miranda and Dancer
 


Young Dancers





"Inca Priest"


Young Girl Dancing

Young Dancers
 
This is my fifth day, and I just now learned that the school uniforms didn't say "Santa Claus" on them.  They say "Santa Clara" which is the name of the school. I originally thought some generous company donated all of their Christmas shirts to the school children.

We've had a lot of fun and a lot of laughing, but the team works extremely hard -- 12 hour days in the clinic. I'm sitting in the chapel with the window open and I can hear the wonderful music outside.

It's been an interesting and sometimes difficult week. Jesus really brought me down low -- homesickness, feelings of inadequacy related to my poor Spanish and nursing skills. Now we're coming to the end of our mission, and I am finally feeling more comfortable. I've learned some Spanish, recalled more of my medical vocabulary and refreshed my triage skills. I stayed calm and didn't get frustrated or overwhelmed today. Thank you God(3) and Mary and Saints Francis, Paul, and Bruno. It took all of them. I still hate the cold showers in the morning! The people here and the team are amazing. They are all a real blessing.

Submitted by Linda V.

No comments:

Post a Comment