Translate

Friday, June 17, 2016

Surrounded by Faith

This mission so far has been so interesting and so much fun. The people hear are so nice and the faith we are surrounded by is so amazing. On Wednesday, I met an old woman, mid to late 80's, who couldn't climb the stairs to go to the clinic so she sat downstairs with me and Lindsey. As she was talking to us, it seemed like every five minutes she was thanking God for all the blessings she had. That was inspiring to me, how this woman who probably has less than I have in my bedroom alone, still had so much to thank you for. I also met this one boy whose mother said that he has manchas, skin discoloration, on his face. It turned out that it was just his acne and they didn't know what it was. I think that it just goes to show the lack of care and education that these people have. This was an eye-opening experience in 2014, but now I think it might be even more so now that I'm older. I pray that the rest of the mission will continue to go smoothly and that the water project will be successful.
 
Submitted by Miranda S.

No comments:

Post a Comment